The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is In The Dose
-Circa Survive
Move one inch at a time.
Don't make shit rhyme.
Would it be easy to repeat the first line?
My mind's not a well;
It won't run dry.
Just keep drinking water and you'll be alright.
This is paralysis with no time at all to let go.
Well don't call me by my full name,
And all this is temporary.
It feels much better to know that you won't feel a thing.
Well don't talk about it;
Write it down but don't ask for help.
I can't be honest with even myself.
Did you ever wish you were somebody else?
Accomplishments are transient.
They pulled me in unremittingly.
Just lasting this long,
I feel relieved to let repetition save me.
Well don't call me by my full name,
And all this is temporary.
It feels much better to know that you won't feel a thing.
Well don't talk about it;
Write it down but don't ask for help.
I can't be honest with even myself.
Did you ever wish you were somebody else?
Move one inch at a time.
You'll be just fine.
Move one inch at a time.
You'll find...
They pulled me in but accomplishments are transient.
They pulled me in but accomplishments are transient.
Well don't call me by my full name,
And all this is temporary.
It feels much better to know that you won't feel a thing.
Well don't talk about it;
Write it down but don't ask for help.
I can't be honest with even myself.
Did you ever wish you were...
Did you ever wish you were...
Did you ever wish you were somebody else?
I've absolutely loved that song ever since I heard it 3 years ago. And I never analyzed it so much as I have tonight. Anyway, that's not the point. I can't sleep, well I could, but I can't seem to sleep comfortably or for very long without waking up. My heads a mess right now. I'm frustrated, and uneasy about all sorts of things.
It seems to be when I feel good about our relationship (that being both of us) that then it really does take 2 steps back. I am right in having heard what was spoken to me. Earlier on you had once told me that yes, you came back home to be with me. I'm sure there is more to that, but you ultimately did it because you cared for our friendship, which we knew was far more than that, and look what it's become. Beautiful.
I can't tell you the amount of things I've learned about myself and about a relationship. The things I now think far more about than I ever have. How I think through things just a little bit more because I try to play out how you would feel, or what your opinion would be. It's been not only one of the best things to ever happen to me, but also one of the most unforgettable and important things to me.
I'd always considered myself a pretty mature person for my age, but you learn more about yourself when you are around a certain person or people. Don't get me wrong, sure I still think I was mature, but I grew from the level that I was on, I grew a lot. I like to think we both did, together, as well as in our own individual ways. Just like we should. After all we're only human.
The point to this post, well what is it? I wish I knew. Maybe it's just so you'll read it. Maybe it's so it'll pass some time and I'll have better luck with this next attempt at sleeping. It could even be just to reflect. I guess it's all of the above, maybe more.
You're right ya know. I mean the things you say to me wouldn't be coming out of your mouth if they were generated out of experience, past, present. Why does a guy like me deserve this girl that you are. This gorgeous girl, who is very smart, not just book smart, but smart in all sorts of ways that one should be. There are far too many adjectives and compliments to ever cover the spectrum that you are. You are you.
So, tomorrow will come, although it's already 4:34 A.M. Monday morning. I've got to produce twice the effort I've been giving towards employment and find a job or as sad and pathetic as it sounds; love won't be enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment