So here goes nothing.
Ok, so it’s definitely far from nothing, but hey you’ve got to start off with something.
So, this past weekend I went to the Roots Rock Reggae Festival @ Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore with my cousin Erin and my girlfriend Keri. The day started off with everyone over sleeping and then down the road pounding Mt. Dew, Rock Star, and Bawls energy drinks. Erin drove and I read of directions because she fails at directing herself somewhere she hasn’t been. So we get into Baltimore and we’re driving in circles looking for this damn parking garage that Yahoo’s directions is telling us to get to.
So after 15 minutes or so of driving I randomly see a parking garage and point it out to Erin, then I get the expression of the light bulb in her head going off, “Oh, that’s the parking garage we’ve been looking for.” Having past it several times already. So we park, then I change my shorts in the middle of this garage with families around packing their vehicles, so needless to say, I put on a badass show haha just kidding. We hit up the elevator and head towards Inner Harbor which was a short walk.
We head strait to Hooters for lunch. Then we bounce and head back to the garage to get the chairs and head to the festival. Our tickets are valid and we then head in and are stopped by this black guy who in my opinion seemed rather annoyed with this job, which was to check out I.D. and then put X’s on our hands if you are underage of drinking. We get some banging seats in the lawn and we just kick it and chill.
Now, here is my like big eye opener of my day in Baltimore. Sitting and just seeing so many colors, races, and stereotypes all come together to listen to Reggae and yeah, I couldn’t tell you who wasn’t smoking it up, but like I was saying, it was just all too amazing seeing so many come together. Once the jams were blaring it was all good. Ziggy Marley played his acoustic set, which was by far the highlight of the entire festival. So much energy, even had a group of Rastafarians kicking it next to us. It was a great show and a great day in the city.
The ride home wasn’t half bad, we only got our directions messed up twice, and I even got to take my swamp ass boxers off bare ass naked behind the gas station we hit up on the way home. So it was interesting. Once in Waynesboro again, we hit up McDonalds and then headed home. Can’t complain at all with the way the day went.
Bring love. Bring change.
No comments:
Post a Comment